Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Where Buy A Pasting Table



I'm really suprised how unheard of these things seem to be in america, but I can't find any mention of them for sale...
I'm from england originaly, and these were not rare items at all...any homestore would stock a choice and variety.
They're spoken of in hanging guides, etc, and so turn up in searches but I can't find one for sale.
Asking for a pasting table at homedepot or lowes gets utterly blank expressions.
Does anyone know anywhere online who would stock this kind of thing?
Lining paper too.
*Sigh*
R Lawrence.

Not sure online...but any reputable paint store should sell them.

Have you any idea the kind of costs of these?
I've found 2 sources online, and they're all asking the most unbelievable amounts for these seemingly simple tables.
As much as 400 dollars for one.
This is something I'm used to paying about 20 pounds for back in England.
R Lawrence.

Honestly no. I know a friend that got one that folds up real nice I THINK he give about $200 for it. I think you're paying for the light weight and ease of transport.
I guess you could do the same on a sheet of plywood and a couple saw horses...

Even 200...that's just astonishing.
I'll have to find some kind of alternative if this is truly the kind of price they sell for.
I can't imagine how they justify it.
I know wallpapering in america is perhaps less 'done' but that gigantic difference in costs just doesn't scan.
I know I'm in a different country and all and wouldn't want it to sound like I was in any way comparing the two in a rivalry sense as it's truly only the price difference that's baffling to me, but...argh...I just looked up the price on an english home store and the pasting tables start at 8 pounds!
R Lawrence.

Go to here for paste tables.
I find these are too expensive and awfully heavy for me. I use the trestles you find on that page with a homemade top. I get 2 boards cabinet finish grade 6' long by 15 wide. Seal them with a poly. If you email me, I can send you pics of my table set up. Plus mine can be set up or torn back down in seconds, or I can use only 1 board at a time for borders.

Pasting tables in America ARE expensive. We tend to use tables made of basswood, which is self healing. That means you can table-trim your wallpaper and not destroy the wood or your blade. I used dirt cheap folding tables and buy more blades when table trimming. Some love the wood tables, but my $30 table works fine for me. If you need liner, visit www.wallliner.com, they sell many different types and will ship to England. You will probably have to email them to find out how much shipping is to your location though. Ed Greta, the owners of that company, are top notch people and make the best liner in America.

Well I actualy live in america, hence the problem finding a cheap table...
Your 30 dollar table?
Can I ask what it is?
Theres a 6 foot long plastic folding table at BJ's I've got my eye on...Not light, but strong and flat and that's really all I'm after.
Rob.

It's a folding picnic table available (or used to be) in the sporting goods section of Wal-Mart. It is aluminum with a cheap wood veneer sticker that covers the entire top surface. It is a bi-fold table with two U shaped legs and is 5-6ft long when folded out fully. It works great for residential and during my occasional commercial or wide-width job, two of these tables side by side work perfectly. Mind you this table will not get you any appreciative looks from other paperhangers, but it works for me.






Tags: pasting, table, they sell, would stock