Thursday, September 27, 2012

Treat Scrapes And Cuts With Herbs

I've had my share of scrapes in my life. As a child, I'd wash them out (standard procedure for everyone), apply some kind of ointment and then slap a bandage on it. It made me feel better and seemed to heal the cut just fine.


But I've learned a thing or two about treat scrapes since then. As a child, I didn't care, for example, if the scrape resulted in a scar. I also didn't seem to care how quickly it healed. That is something I always think about now--especially since my adult scrapes tend to be more dramatic and painful (falling on ice in winter comes to mind).


So now I've added some natural remedies to the standard procedure and will share them with you here.


Instructions


1. Whenever I have a bruise, cut, or a scrape I like to take extra Vitamin C because it helps the wounds heal faster. I usually just follow the instructions on the package. Vitamin C aids in collagen formation, which helps the wound heal faster.








2. Arnica is also a remedy that can help heal scrapes. However, it is very important to NEVER put arnica on the wound. Instead, get the internal remedy. Arnica is dangerous to put directly on wounds and should never happen.


3. As a child, I would put antibacterial ointment on my cuts to help prevent them from getting infected. Tea tree oil is even better because it does more than just kill bacteria. It also targets fungus, viruses and other microbes. I always add a drop of tea tree oil to water to wash out the wound. I also place an extra drop on the scrape before bandaging it up.


4. Aloe vera gel (preferably fresh from the plant) can help the scrape heal faster. For extra healing and wound protecting properties, mix a drop of tea tree oil into the gel and apply it to the wound. Let it evaporate before applying the bandage.

Tags: heal faster, drop tree, standard procedure